An infrared sauna uses heat and light to help you relax and sweat to aid in removing toxins from your body. Here are some questions we are frequently asked about this therapy.
How does an infrared sauna work?
In an infrared sauna, the heat is heating your body directly rather than the air around you. You want to heat your core. The infrared heat raises your core body temperature and stimulates your:
- Lymphatic system
- Immune system
- Cardiovascular system
Your body’s response to that is to sweat. In addition to your body sweating, the water in your body resonates with the infrared heat to help with detoxifying your body.
Is infrared heat safe?
Yes, it is safe. All objects give and receive infrared heat. Infrared is a part of nature and essential for life.
What is Chromotherapy?
Chromotherapy is a noninvasive light therapy that heals with color. Throughout history as far back as the Mayan Culture color light therapy has been used to restore imbalances of the body by means of applying color to the body.
The therapeutic use of light and color are being researched by major hospital and scientists worldwide. The research indicates that full spectrum, ultraviolet, colored, and laser light can have therapeutic value for a range of conditions from chronic pain and depression to immune disorders.
How to Use the Infrared Sauna During Your Session
How to dress: Be comfortable. Wear shorts and tank top, swimsuit or your birthday suit.
- Always drink plenty of water before, during and after a session. Doing so will replenish fluids lost during perspiration.
- Remove any lotions or oils or cosmetics on the body or face prior to using the sauna. This may block the pores and hinder perspiration.
- Do not eat anything at least an hour before your sauna session. It is better to go in the sauna on an empty stomach.
- If you feel the need for cooling, simply leave the door open until the air around you feels comfortable enough.
- After the heaters turn off sit in the sauna for a few moments with the door open and let your body cool off. Use the water, wash cloth and towel provided to wash down your body.
- Please put all used towels in laundry basket provided and hang wash cloth on the side.
Limited Time Special
Special $18.00 for 40 minutes your first visit
Regular price $35.00 for 40 minutes
Call to schedule an appointment at 577-8370 or 212-7616
Download flyer to share